All opinions posted. None too pathetic or contrived. Everyone gets their say.

"...even the wicked get worse than they deserve." - Willa Cather, One of Ours

Saturday, April 10, 2004

Before Easter in Baghdad

Iraq&Iraqis (Iraqi blogger fm Baghdad)

...for sure I wasn’t the only Iraqi who did so, because I so streets full of cars and people, I cant say it was as normal as it was ten days ago, but people are trying to act normal.

Today I attended my building site and met with my Sadir city workers who still come to work and they are being more convinced every day that the coalition is trying to eliminate only trouble makers.

From my meetings with Iraqi people I can feel more people are convinced to stay away from clashes and troubles by staying home and not to get out only for urgent matters and leave the coalition and IPs to do their job.

I came to office today after a car drive in Baghdad (Karada, Dora, Jadriya, Mansor, Bayaa) and all those places were normal but not crowded as they were. But I heard about clashes in Adhamiya.

I don’t like being only a reporter, but it’s important to give a true picture about the situation just to equalize the bad reports on TV stations. I saw some yesterday (and guess what TV station) as usual Arabiya, Who were putting a report about Faluja with pictures full of armed men with black clothes and Mullahs and Sadir pictures, Which means the pictures were from Sadir city not from Faluja, besides more unfinished speeches form Iraqi people. Changing facts is an art for them. I know some would say why you watch these stations?, actually I don’t, I watch Hurra TV, but we must know about the enemy too...
http://iraq-iraqis.blogspot.com/
2004_04_01_iraq-iraqis_archive.html#10815960290930465
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home