All opinions posted. None too pathetic or contrived. Everyone gets their say.

"...even the wicked get worse than they deserve." - Willa Cather, One of Ours

Sunday, April 11, 2004

Uncertain Future

Boots on the Ground (US Army soldier in Iraq)

Things are starting to look bleak in the eyes of the world...the result of the Tet Offensive seems similar. I remember that a major offensive was conducted all over Vietnam, and yet we kicked the living hell out of them. However, it gave the world an image that the war has turned against us. I truly believe this is happening now. We can and will crush these militia forces with our military skill and might. However, I don't think we will win the war of opinion. I'm having a hard time talking to my family who are mostly liberals who think we should just leave and nuke the country. They don't see Iraqis as being worth losing one American soldier for...I don't want to see us be humiliated send our military home in disgrace. And the Arabs will claim it as a military victory and that they are stronger than the United States because we ran away...I will surely be ashamed of being American if that happens. I don't want to sound like a war monger, but I just wish I could be in Fallujah helping those Marines kick ass...We are kicking the hell out of the insurgence, and yet it seems like we are losing the war. It is really hard to understand...If we negotiate with them, it only allows them to get more time to re-organize and prepare for more attacks. I don't believe negotiating with them will work, I think we should just go in a crush them. However, we win militarily, but we lose politically no matter what. The only hope that I have right now that the nation I love and care for so much, to not be sent home in disgrace is if Bush stays in office. I think that will be really hard. Anyone who thinks Bush is real popular is delusional. Alot of people are upset with him. I want us to stay there and finish the job, and if we do not have the intestinal fortitude to crush this resistance, then I fear we will have to pull out in disgrace. I don't think Americans are worth losing if you're not willing to go all the way.
http://bootsonground.blogspot.com/
2004_04_01_bootsonground_archive.html#108165490322382677
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home