All opinions posted. None too pathetic or contrived. Everyone gets their say.

"...even the wicked get worse than they deserve." - Willa Cather, One of Ours

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Children and Schools

Iraq & Iraqi`s (Iraqi Christian in Baghdad)
...the new Iraqi ministry of education is allowing private and foreign schools in Iraq which was prevented before… made me think about our need to put serious programs for education in Iraq including schools, education staff and strategy of building a pure society with out terrorism, racial, fanatic problems, an open mind society that we need……….We must admit with that such problems are available deep in our society and many of our educational staff are involved in such problems and a real fast solutions are needed.

The decision of the ministry of education is right but such schools must not be opened for money only. At least some must be opened for all the people financially capable or not, to insure planting the seeds of reason, logic and open mind mentality in all society levels.

I remember that I was in private school in Basra run by nuns till 1972, after that all private schools were nationalized just like the oil, and now I am sure it was to close our society against what the Bath government used to call “foreign invasion”.

That gave me an answer for a question that I kept ask my self “If I had the money, time and capability to help Iraqi people. What would I do?”. To answer my self or any other person asking, I would say “open a school with modern programs for Iraqi children”.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home