All opinions posted. None too pathetic or contrived. Everyone gets their say.

"...even the wicked get worse than they deserve." - Willa Cather, One of Ours

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

It's easy to get a travel document..!

Iraq at a glance (Iraqi Sunni Dentist fm Baghdad)
Today, my brother in law and I went to the passports office to get an interim travel document, cause he wants to travel to Syria for some work, so I decided to get a document for me , who knows, probably I might travel oneday.

I was shocked by the new behavior of the officials and the new procedures there, I thought that I were in another country!

There was an organized queues...the boss got out of the building and took the application forms from the elderly people...he said: ‘ anyone has a problem in getting the document or any obstacle just tell me’ !!

[...]

Nearly more than 200 application form were applied in 20 minutes only, which is something impossible in Iraq ! Or was impossible...You might see this as something absurd ‘ getting a passport’ but it was something hard.. Very hard to get..

There is one problem here, which is: this document is ‘interim’ and a ‘document’, so most of the countries don’t accept it, we can travel I think to Syria, Jordan, Yemen and Iran only...
Just imaging traveling to London on vacation.

Unfortunately the new passports probably won't be issued until next spring (i.e. after the elections). Even then, some countries won't recognize them for political reasons; particularly if the US military still has bases in Iraq.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home