All opinions posted. None too pathetic or contrived. Everyone gets their say.

"...even the wicked get worse than they deserve." - Willa Cather, One of Ours

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Operation Shoe Fly Update

OSF

Here is the address where you can send children's shoes for distribution to needy children in Afghanistan as I wrote about here and here.



Operation Shoe Fly
c/o Jim Thomson
B Co, 214th Aviation Regiment
APO AE 09354

UPDATE: I sent off some shoes to Sgt Hook today. Everything went off amazingly smooth. WalMart had children's shoes for $5 a pair. Even better they had hard-soled leather boots in children's sizes 7-13. I picked up 20 pairs. Then I was pleased to discover that these 20 boxes of shoes exactly fit the box I was going to ship them in...and I mean exactly. Shipping wasn't too bad either -- coming to about $30 for parcel post.

So, I found exactly the right kind of shoes, at exactly the right price, shipping was easy and fairly cheap -- and all in all everything went very well.

I feel good. Now it is your turn.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home